Saturday, March 3, 2012

Skype Time

I'd been talking to my friend Sam about skyping with him sometime since we don't get to see each other and I had the opportunity to tonight for nearly two hours.  Sam is seriously one of the nicest guys I've ever met and I didn't know this until after he returned home from his mission.  I'm friends with his little sister Gabi and attended high school with him but I was so scared and intimidated by him for who knows what reason.  We went on a double date this summer with my brother and Gabi and it was a lot of fun.  Sometime during the summer he was swimming at my work and came up to me and goes, "Hey, if in 5 years neither of us are married, let's get married, okay?"  I told him that he would be married by then but to his disbelief he insisted on the 5 year thing.  So we're down to a little less than 4 and a half years now..  Anyway, the purpose of this post was to share something we talked about.  We talked about dating and how I feel like I do more hanging out than dating and he asked if I had read the talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks on Dating Versus Hanging Out.  I told him I hadn't and when I finished talking to him I went and read the talk.  It was really nice to read and something that I really felt like I needed.  It was comforting to read those words of a prophet of God and to know that I really just need to chill out in life.  I don't know if this was the answer to my prayers, but I'm thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment