Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Beach at Night

So while I was in California over Spring Break I went to the beach by myself one night.  It was like 10 o'clock at night and I was the only one on the beach and I was sitting there and just thought to myself.  The ocean at night is pretty much astounding.  you can't see anything in the distance except for some lights of boats (I assume) and the white caps of waves as they come rolling in.  They roar and crash and it's pretty much one of the most peaceful things I've ever done.  I sat at the edge and just let the waves roll in on my feet and think about life.  The magnitude of it all is just so great in comparison to everything that is going on in my life.  So I'm grateful for that spiritual experience and the chance that I had to go do that.  I would love to live on the beach just so that I could do that every night or whenever life gets rough and I don't want to deal with it.  Currently, I just wish that I could run away to the beach and become a bum for the rest of my life but I know I can't... or shouldn't at least.

Also, this is me blogging about my friend Nick Baker, the coolest kid and greatest lax player I know......

2 comments:

  1. Let's go to the beach together sweetheart. Newport Beach :)

    ReplyDelete