Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'm Thankful

Even though I'm tired, I've realized that I have a lot to be thankful for as well.  I have amazing friends who would do anything for me.  My family loves me.  I have a bed to sleep on and a place to live.  I'm living the college experience that a lot of people don't get to have.  I'm thankful for so much.
As I was reading my scriptures last night, this passage in the chapter really struck me.
Mosiah 14:  3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised and we esteemed him not.  4 Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
And with His stripes, I am healed.  He died for me.  He suffered so much...for me.
Mosiah 14:  12 ...because he hath poured out his soul unto death; and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sins of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
I may have made a mistake, but He has made a way for me to take care of that:  the Atonement.  He loves me.  As I went to pray later, I simply thanked the Lord for everything He has done for me and everything that I have to be grateful for.  The children's hymn, "I am a Child of God" came to mind and I just started crying.  It was such a good experience, and one that I definitely needed.  Satan can make you so angry and ungrateful and just depressed, but there's nothing like Christ to bring you out of that darkness and uplift you to where you need to be.  I'm so thankful for that, more than I can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment