Thursday, July 25, 2013

I'm Married...Say What??!

YAY for being happily married!! The weeks leading up to the wedding were crazy and tiring and so great!  I loved being able to spend time with my mom planning and working on crafts and finally being able to have things fall into place and really be able to visualize things.  I was so worried that the wedding would look awful but it turned out amazing!  Pictures will come soon for those who missed out...
^^Right after our sealing!!! Yay for eternity!
We stayed at the Hotel Monaco in Salt Lake that night.  It was super classy and super nice.  Definitely recommend it! The next day we had lunch and opened presents with our families and then headed back to Cedar.  We moved all our crap into out cute little basement apartment (cute minus the earwigs and spiders that are ever appearing....yuck...).  And just kind of honeymooned at our place for a few days.  We went to a movie and just enjoyed being with each other.  We then wanted to head Richfield for the Fourth of July...on Barry's motorcycle!  It started out great.  And I made it about thirty miles before I was so over that motorcycle ride.  My sweet husband took our bag off our back and we finished the trip.  We slept on the tramp with Kate and Drew and all of Kate's siblings and it rained later that night so we all ended up inside.  We went to the parade that day and spent some time at the park and enjoying the festivities.  We then had lunch and dinner with Kate's family and enjoyed the fireworks of Richfield.  The day after the fourth we went four-wheeling and swam in the canal.  Me and Barry even floated down the canal in Konner's raft.  Down jeb's hole and through spider tunnel.  Where a giant spider crawled on Barry and scared the crap out of me.  Since the ride to Rich wasn't just the most thrilling adventure of my life,  Kate and Drew were so awesome to let us load the motorcycle into the back of Drew's truck and we drove back with them the next day.  
After a few more days of work for Barry we headed off to Moab for our rafting trip with Barry's friends.  It rained a lot, but the rafting part was so so fun.
After a few days up there we were pretty much thrown into parenthood as we babysat a 7, 5, 4, & 2 year old for the next week.  It was crazy and I am most definitely not ready for my life to be all about waking up when the kids do and making breakfast, lunch, and dinner while juggling cleaning and where all the kids are....It was a hectic week.  Although once the kids were asleep it was pretty nice to have such a large beautiful home to ourselves.
We are finally settling into our house this week.  We went down to St. George for the 24th and used all our gift cards.  We love our little house and how it is coming together, although I must say that I don't love how much I'm scared that everywhere I look I will see a wretched little bug.  Oh how I hate them.
However, I love being married and the joy that it has brought into our lives.
Thanks for listening and I'll try to keep up on this!!

1 comment:

  1. yay for blogging and for married life!!! haha I miss you! And I was wondering when I am going to see you next?! Also,I was wondering if you have a job!? You da best! Sounds like life has been wonderful for you!
    Drew & I just barely got internet at our place so we are feeling pretty cool right now. Ya gotta come see us soon. LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete